the diamond that started it all

the diamond that started it all

COME IN!

welcome to my blog...my mission is to give you a glimps of my life as a mother, wife, decorator, painter, and active woman. my inspiration comes from traveling, my education, and my family and friends. i have to admit upfront, however, that my "education" does not include a background in english, so please be patient with my grammar and spelling. i am, however, happy to share on this blog what i learn in my daily life from painting and decorating. here you will also find a real account of my struggles, my experiences, and my many reasons to rejoice. april, or the month of the diamond, is when my first and only daughter, mollie, was born. she is the reason i am a joyful mother, wife, and person today. i appreciate your time, and thank you in advance for your advice. perhaps one day you will be reading from my website but for now this homemade blog will do:-)
love, laura

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

so long lakewood


sitting here in tears i post my most current painting of a friends house in our beautiful neighborhood of Lakewood.  a few months ago i was sad that my friend was leaving us for an amazing adventure in palo alto (or as i like to say, NAPA VALLEY).  now, i am feeling the pain of our personal move from this lush, hilly, friendly, convenient, lovely neighborhood i call home.  as a supportive wife this move is an opportunity of a lifetime for my husband's career.  as a mother and lover of Dallas it is one of the saddest moments i have known in a long time.  after much prayer we, as a family, have decided to move back to where i was born and raised in Mississippi.  don't get me wrong, this is not a bad place (hey, i turned out ok) but back to Dallas...after 10 years of schooling, joining, meeting, birthing, eating, wine-ing, partying, cousin-ing, shopping, loving, and giving it's over.  yeah yeah, part of our family still resides here so we will be visiting a lot, that is for sure, BUT what about my weekly strolls down the street to wholefoods, and my yoga studio, and my play group and my daughter's mother's day out program that i waited in line for at 4 am in Febuary to sign up for?  all i know is whoever buys our house is one lucky family.  man o man, i'm gonna miss this place.  on a painting note, this is my favorite-if i had to choose a favorite because i'm not a big fan of myself in a painting way.  thanks for the opportunity, lakewood friend...

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and love our painting so much. It will be such a wonderful memory of our first house and a sweet friend who painted it. I'm just praying that in 2 years you guys are moving back to Dallas too, and we will be neighbors again!

    ReplyDelete