the diamond that started it all

the diamond that started it all

COME IN!

welcome to my blog...my mission is to give you a glimps of my life as a mother, wife, decorator, painter, and active woman. my inspiration comes from traveling, my education, and my family and friends. i have to admit upfront, however, that my "education" does not include a background in english, so please be patient with my grammar and spelling. i am, however, happy to share on this blog what i learn in my daily life from painting and decorating. here you will also find a real account of my struggles, my experiences, and my many reasons to rejoice. april, or the month of the diamond, is when my first and only daughter, mollie, was born. she is the reason i am a joyful mother, wife, and person today. i appreciate your time, and thank you in advance for your advice. perhaps one day you will be reading from my website but for now this homemade blog will do:-)
love, laura

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

reflections


37 weeks

4:35 AM  4-2-09

Mia and Mollie meet!

Crested Butte

Returning for MV, first time sitting

Fitler, MS

Cold Christmas in Dallas

happy 2010!  i am only 12 days into the new year and already realizing what a stress case i am and how difficult life can be if you let it.  2009 was an amazing year.  God is good!  our families were blessed with the love of our lives and over the 9 months she has been with us, we have all been amazed by her more each day.  i cannot imagine a better year as long as i live!  my mission as a mother has definitely had it's ups and downs.  beginning in april with the sleep deprivation, the adjustment to nursing, the overwhelming amount of time and energy it requires to take care of this helpless child, and last but not least the shock that the company my husband worked for was shutting down.  looking back on the year: the lack of sleep was worth it, the process of nursing was empowering, and my husband WILL succeed as he determines to start his own real estate company.  the Lord only knows what this year will hold. i resolve not to make a new year's resolution because my failure will only cause more anxiety, but to look above each day and be thankful for whatever comes my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment