the diamond that started it all

the diamond that started it all

COME IN!

welcome to my blog...my mission is to give you a glimps of my life as a mother, wife, decorator, painter, and active woman. my inspiration comes from traveling, my education, and my family and friends. i have to admit upfront, however, that my "education" does not include a background in english, so please be patient with my grammar and spelling. i am, however, happy to share on this blog what i learn in my daily life from painting and decorating. here you will also find a real account of my struggles, my experiences, and my many reasons to rejoice. april, or the month of the diamond, is when my first and only daughter, mollie, was born. she is the reason i am a joyful mother, wife, and person today. i appreciate your time, and thank you in advance for your advice. perhaps one day you will be reading from my website but for now this homemade blog will do:-)
love, laura

Friday, February 24, 2012

selling two homes in one month is counted by most a blessing (including myself). the summer farm where my husband and i exchanged vows 5 years ago and my childhood home of 16 years will be sorely missed. they are two parts of my life that i will never forget and will always grieve at their loss, so it is better i let them go now rather than later, i suppose.
blue heron farm is, as my mother-in-law describes it, "heaven." there is no description for it unless you have had the privilege of visiting. for the sake of my children and for the wonderful memories of our vineyard wedding, i am sorry to see it passed on.
i see this as a new beginning for the whole family as "our" home is taking in a new sweet family(really my parents home but my siblings and i have memories there too). this move is a very unexpected surprise to everyone but from my perspective moving to a smaller home will be less maintenance and with all of our traveling, less worry too. selfishly, i will not be upset about my old bedroom or any room for that matter, it's the garden. my two year old loves to take walks in that grand yard. but, back to the new beginning...for my parents their new home will for once be their own. not shared with 4 children and not by millions of strangers who have frequented a great party in their home.
the stresses of packing and organizing are taking place already and hopefully soon they will settle in their fresh spot. as my family prepares to get rid of clutter, my own home seems to be getting some pretty accessories. luckily, i am not a pack rat so i am not accepting much. what i have accumulated so far is mostly sentimental and all of the pieces are fitting beautifully in their new home.  i look forward to updating pics of my fresh additions soon...
                                                             BLUE HERON FARM
                                                CHILDHOOD HOME LIVING ROOM
                                                                   AND THE DEN

No comments:

Post a Comment